- Climate Engineering: A Normative Perspective, (Lexington Books, 2019).
Academic Journal Articles
- The Ethical Landscape of Gene Drive Research, forthcoming: Bioethics.
- The Slippery Slope Argument against Geoengineering Research, Journal of Applied Philosophy.
- The Potential for Climate Engineering with Stratospheric Sulfate Aerosol Injections to Reduce Climate Injustice, Journal of Global Ethics Co-authors: Toby Svoboda, Peter Irvine, Masa Sugiyama.
- Institutional Legitimacy and Geoengineering Governance, Ethics, Policy, & Environment.
- Solar Geoengineering and Democracy, Global Environmental Politics. Co-authors: Joshua Horton, Jesse Reynolds, Holly Jean Buck, Stefan Schaefer, David Keith, Steve Rayner.
- Brain Drain, Contracts, and Moral Obligation, Moral Philosophy and Politics.
Articles under Review
- Morally Assessing Alternative Climate Policies.Co-author: Darrel Moellendorf.
- Bednets or Biotechnology? Prioritizing Current of Future Persons.
Published Book Reviews
- Review of Toby Svoboda’s The Ethics of Climate Engineering. In: Ethics, Policy, & Environment.
- Review of Aaron Maltais and Catriona McKinnon’s The Ethics of Climate Governance. In: Environmental Ethics.
- Review of David Keith’s A Case for Climate Engineering & Mike Hulme’s Can Science Fix Climate Change? In: Global Justice: Theory, Practice, Rhetoric.
- Researching at the Top of a Slippery Slope? Forum for Climate Engineering Assessment (July, 2019).
- How to Legitimately Govern Geoengineering, Carnegie Climate Geoengineering Governance Initiative (February, 2019).
- 1.5°C: What’s the Big Deal? Agenda for International Development (February, 2019).
- Future Climate Policy and the Right to Sustainable Development, Agenda for International Development (October, 2018).
- Technologies for a Stable Future Climate, Agenda for International Development (November, 2017). Co-author: Dominic Lenzi.
- US Climate Policy under President Trump: Why the Sky is Dark but not Falling, Agenda for International Development (December, 2016).
- Combating Climate Change with Geoengineering, Agenda for International Development (May, 2016).
- El Acuerdo de Paris, Interview (in Spanish) with Paula Campos of Radio Universidad Chile (January 29, 2016).
- Adaptation after the Paris Negotiations: Who Ought to Foot the Bill? Agenda for International Development (December, 2015).